Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Do I disappoint God?

The issue about disappointing God has come up more than once in the past couple of days so tonight I really pondered it. I believe that my sin results in a disappointment to God, but some of my friends disagree. Can we humans disappoint God? I do not have the answer.
When I think of God’s love, mercy, and sacrifice, I think no. His love is so huge that He understands. He knows I am human, and He expects me to fail. Grace exists so that His imperfect children can put on His righteousness. Then I think about Jesus and how He looked at Peter when the rooster crowed the third time. I wonder what the look on Jesus’ face conveyed. All I know is that Peter’s actions (weeping afterwards) showed remorse.. I can only guess, but I think he might have felt as though he disappointed Jesus.
My feelings of disappointing God come from within me. They are not a “guilt trip” from God or from the pulpit. I am not sad, but I am reminded that I should make the most of every opportunity God gives me.I also think about Moses when I feel that I have disappointed God. I think of Moses’ obedience and humility. He wasn’t perfect either. So many times I have felt sad when I think of Moses looking over into the Promised Land but never touching it. He never lived his dream. It is the God of the Old Testament who chastised Moses, and some can correctly argue that we have a new covenant. His Word clearly states that He does not change.The same God that would not allow Moses to enter the Promised Land allows him to reap an eternal reward. I am filled with reassurance when I think about it. It gives me hope. Once again it reminds me of God’s mercy, and His mercy frees me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home