Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Path

He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4.

When I realize that God has orchestrated an event (whether it seems significant or not) that occurs in my life, I am often surprised. I think that I should be more attuned to His presence and His plan for me. Then again, I am a mere human, and He is God. I cannot comprehend Him fully.I forget that He knows the number of hairs in my head. I forget how he takes care of the sparrow and clothes the lilies of the field. I forget that he is my shield and buckler. If I am in His will, then my footsteps are ordained of Him. Yet I remain nothing without Him. He has a plan for all of us, an ordained path for each of us to walk.

Recently I have been frustrated by the disregard some have shown for God’s holiness, His power, His love, His sacrifice. Then I am reminded of how many times I have disappointed God. My own life reveals past rebellion, and sometimes my present desires reek of pride. I am no better than anyone else. I must look to the cross and to our Heavenly Father to remember who I am. I am a lowly sinner who is saved by His grace. I am one of the people who denied Jesus. I denied Him when I rejected Him. My prayer is that I will never again deny Him and that I will continue to seek His will for my life. I need the peace that He brings. I need His love. I want to walk in the path that He has designed for me.

What do we do when doors seem to slam shut in our faces? We hear that when God shuts a door that He will open a window. Sometimes though, we are not in an edifice from which we are looking for an escape. We are in a wilderness, searching God's heart for His will.

We sometimes look for a way to regain our footing. Today I stand on a path that is obscured by circumstances. Circumstances are temporary, but God's plan will prevail. Circumstances are the opposite of faith. We see circumstances but must look and believe beyond them. Lord, today I ask you for a greater portion of Your grace, grace to help me remain where you have planted until it is time to move from this spot. I ask You, Loving Creator, to shield me as I wait for Your guidance. I praise You for the answers and the help that is on its way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home