Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Trigeminal neuralgia caused social isolation

Trigeminal neuralgia healed through prayer.

After I was healed, I was still very weak. Some of my friends expected me to bounce back as I had been years before. After all, I had received a miracle. I knew the pain was gone, and that was good enough for me.

I had experienced tremendous social isolation as a result of having trigeminal neuralgia. Although I am a naturally gregarious person, I began to withdraw from others when I was ill. The pain and disability caused me to become a recluse. I ventured out to church on Sunday nights; sometimes I was able to attend more often. My uncle was the pastor of this church, and I had much of the congregation all my life. I thought that if anyone would understand or accept me, they would. I was right about that.

After I was healed, I still wanted to be alone much of the time. I read more about miracles. Some people thought that mine was temporary. I knew it wasn't. I did not really understand what had happened and still do not. I just know that God touched me and that the pain left. I wanted to be alone with the Lord.

Eventually, I began to talk to my friends more and to see them, but going to the grocery store was still difficult even after one year of being healed. Some people had never believed that I was ill because the pain was so severe, complicated, and invisible. Trigeminal neuralgia cannot be seen. So I wondered what would people think of me now?

God always brings us out of our caves. He does not leave us there. Today, I have no anxiety about going to the grocery store. I don't like to go, but I did not like to before I ever became ill. I don't wonder what people think about my miracle any more. I just thank God for it. I thank Him for His Son, Jesus Christ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi my name is Justin and i just found your blog last night. I have been suffering for a very long time and my drs are thinking maybe i have trigmenial neuralgia in my eye, as the nerves feed into the eye. I have been in extreme amounts of pain and isolation as well, as well as psychological pain due to this and other ailaments. I am 36 years old. If you had time would i be alke to write you via email. I have been following the Lord for 16 years now and believe with all of my heart he still heals his children. Could you please reassure me that he does still in fact help us? I believe with all my heart and ask him to help my unbelief, but the pain is just so bad it makes me doubt that he cares or know. I hate that doubt but im sure you understand with what you have been through. My email address is jj060980@gmail.com if it would be ok to write and ask you questions? Any encouragement or wisdom would be most appreciated. Many thanks Justin

11:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for the mispellings, i wrote this on my cell phone.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home